Friday, January 3, 2014

January 3, 2014

This morning I woke up feeling so burdened... a little like this guy... I won't go into detail as to why. Some of it is because of my own failings and weaknesses. Some of it has to do with worries from the world, from a situation with my son. It doesn't matter, though, what's causing the load. What matters is that I'm choosing to take it on, when I don't have to. In keeping with my focus on the word "enough" this year, I went to scriptures and found this version of 2 Corinthians 12:9 and 10 in The Message: "... and he told me, 'My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness.' Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size- abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." I want to be able to say, "Everything's good! No worries!" and live it. Right at this moment I can say that :), but I know I'm a wimp and that I give into my emotions too easily. I think I'll go ahead and write this down and put it all around me. My grace is enough; it's all you need.

1 comment:

  1. My word for 2014 is also enough. Look forward to following your journey. I've blogged about my word at http://www.ilovedevotionals.com/2014/01/when-you-dont-feel-like-enough.html

    ReplyDelete